1. UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA (15-1) : There is a new #1 this week! Back up in the top spot is the North Carolina Tar Heels. After defeating the UVA Cavaliers in this week’s Harrow Spotlight game, The Tar Heels have moved up in the polls. UNC will take Maryland this weekend in a re-match of last year’s National Championship Game. It should be a battle filled with emotion for a lot of the Tar Heels as well as the Terapins. These two teams have seen each other in the National Championship Game for the past three years.
2. PRINCETON UNIVERSITY (11-1): Up one spot from last week after Syracuse’s fall in the ranks, the Tigers had a great weekend with two wins. This weekend the Tigers will face #4 UConn in the Spotlight game of the week. UConn is the ONLY undefeated team in the Top25 right now, so it will be a great game to watch!
3. SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY (13-1) : Syracuse suffered their first lost to unranked UMass this weekend, knocking them out of the top spot in the Rankings. Syracuse finished up their weekend with a win over Stanford as well, but it will be interesting to see what this does to the mental state of the team. Everyone knows you learn the most from a loss, so this could be a good thing for Syracuse looking towards Post-Season play.
4. UCONN (15-0): The Huskies stay put this weekend and remain to be the ONLY UNDEFEATED team in the Top 25. That record is going to be tested with a tough weekend of competition taking on #2 Princeton, in the Spotlight Game of the Week, and #16 Boston College, who had the largest jump after last week’s competition.
5. UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA (13-3): Even though the Cavaliers lots in OT to the Tar Heels this weekend, there was no sign of weakness. The Cavaliers played a tough game putting their defense under a lot of pressure with their offensive strength. UVA takes on #25 Wake Forest this weekend.
6. UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND (11-3) – The Terps played in other one of our spotlighted games this past weekend against, ODU and pulled out a 5-2 win over the Monarchs. Maryland will take on the UNC Tar Heels this weekend in a re-match of last year’s National Championship game. It will be an emotional game for both teams, they have battled in the final National Championship game for the past three years. Every time these teams meet, it is always a battle.
7. PENN STATE (12-3) – Penn State is coming off of a win over #12 Iowa this past weekend and will be playing Ohio State this weekend.
8. NORTHWESTERN (14-2) – The Wildcats have moved up another spot this week and will look to take on Michigan State and Missouri State. It is our prediction that the Wildcats will continue to inch their way up the Rankings.
9. OLD DOMINION UNIVERSITY (11-4) – The Monarch fell in the rankings this week after a loss to the Terapins this past weekend. ODU will play James Madison and William and Mary this weekend.
10. NORTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY (11-3) – Northeastern has stayed put this week in the Rankings but suffered a loss to the Boston College Eagles. They will take on Hofstra this weekend.
11. LAFAYETTE COLLEGE (12-1) – Lafayette moved up three spots from last week after beating Bucknell and Rutgers this past weekend. The Leopards take on Holy Cross on the 20th.
12. UNIVERSITY OF IOWA (12-1) – The Hawkeyes are down this week one spot after a win over Drexel and suffering a 1-5 Loss to Penn State this past weekend. Iowa will take on Kent State and Ball State this weekend.
13. BOSTON UNIVERSITY (9-5) – The Terriers have moved down one spot as well this week after falling to Hofstra 0-1. Boston will take on #22 New Hampshire and #10 Northeastern this weekend to hope and move back up the rankings.
14. STANFORD UNIVERSITY (9-6) – Down one spot from last week, Stanford fell this weekend to two of the top teams (UConn and Syracuse), but will look to change their luck this weekend when they take on Pacific and UC Davis. Stanford had a really close game to UConn, only losing by one goal.
15. UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN (9-5) – The Wolverines are up one spot after a big win over rival Michigan State. Michigan will take on Indiana and Miami this weekend.
16. BOSTON COLLEGE (9-6) – The Eagles defeated Northeastern and moved up 8 SPOTS, giving them the highest jump in this week’s Rankings. Boston College will take on Syracuse and Connecticut this weekend.
17. UNIVERSITY OF RICHMOND (10-4) – The Spiders stayed put this week, and have a long week ahead facing JMU, St.Joe’s, and Temple.
18. DREXEL (11-5) Drexel is down three spots this week and will take on Delaware this weekend.
19. UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS (8-8) The Game heard around the NCAA, UMass defeated the #1 ranked Syracuse moving them up to the #19 spot.
20. MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY (9-7)
21. OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY (9-6)
22. UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE (7-7) UNH is down two spots this week
23. UNIVERSITY OF ALBANY (8-7)
24. DUKE UNIVERSITY (6-9) – Duke is back in the rankings this week after being Unranked.
25. WAKE FOREST UNIVERSITY (6-8) Down three spots this week, The Demon Deacons will look to make up for it when they take on #5 UVA